Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advise in education path
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation for your consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvestor View Post
Hello all,
As per my previous thread, i have signed on to a scholarship with the army as a warrent officer scheme. Planning to further my studies afer my bond ends and to get a job in civil sector and private sector.
However, if i could not get into a local uni, any advises on the stigma on private unis like SIM and a various bunch in singapore? May i know if the employment rate of private uni individuals do they get jobs? And if so how much are they drawing monthly??
hello Harvestor
from SAF WOSE to private, expect your boss to think you cannot work hard and cannot keep up. your pay will sure cut.

I apologise first as my words may not be music to your ears. sorry to rain on your parade, I don't think NTU / NUS / SMU / SUTD is well equipped to support a mid-career undergrad (I'm criticising the school, not you), and I don't think you are prepared to resign and study full time 4 years and get an honours degree. honours degree is what gets fresh grads min of 3.5k before experience. it is not possible to avoid resigning because of the rigour (every 3 hours in class requires extra 3 hours revision) and the time table (office hours), you must be prepared for in order to survive an honour program.

private uni their starting pay is approx 2.6k, each year of Relevant Experience adds $200. anything above this, you smile all the way to the bank. of course, pte degree can get jobs, but how low are you willing to go to be employed? someone mentioned (WorkAdaptGrow) manager 2k, are you willing to go that low? i sincerely salute these breadwinners! same concept as going to the shopping centre, all the cars waiting for a Best slot next to the entrance, not willing to consider a slot 100m far far away.

Maybe your friend starts a firm, admire your talent n ask you to help out, pay u 5k to be a manager... grab it, it hardly gets better than that!

once again, I know its not music to your ears, but I have family in your shoes, and he appreciates. my advise though it agitated him initially, he is grateful, it wakes him up to his surrounding.

ps. don't bother with an advanced diploma/masters degree. countless friends complaining they cannot monetize it. unless your boss wants you to go, then bond you.. then ok.