Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi all, I recently went through a series of 3 interviews for Nparks and last week hr called to verbally offer me with a proposed salary, which I agreed. The final interview went quite well. They said they will proceed to do some background checks with my previous companies' hr departments, and will come back with a written offer in 1 - 2 weeks, saying everything is more or less confirmed. They just called today to say 'they didnt manage obtain the clearances for this vacancy'. I asked them to elaborate but they said they cant disclose organisation policy, the main theme is they are now closing the positon i applied for. Does this mean their upper management suddenly decided to remove this vacancy for various reasons or is this just an excuse to pursue another candidate? I dont have any particularly dodgy personal or employment records (have worked in ministry and stat boards prior) so i dont think my background will fail. Is this a common scenario in public sector hiring? Obviously i am quite devastated as i have never had a verbal offer in the public sector not followed through

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app