Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello everyone, i received a call today for a second job. however, none is able to tell me the exact salary until they have processed and approved the employment.

what should i do? can i accept and make a decision at the salary stage? i understand that accepting means the HR will proceed with the necessary medical and other checks. however, none is able to provide me with a salary gauge at the moment.
Verbal offer isn't the same as formal offer (i.e. when they send you the email or call you up to tell you about the benefits and salary range etc., which will only happen after approval from upper management). Usually the salary range is quite standard...

Did the HR say that they will proceed with the medical checks when you accept their offer before telling you the salary range? Based in my understanding, it's usually after all the details have been confirmed leh. Maybe you can give us more details on what job you applied for? Cos maybe some jobs require you to clear medical check up before formal offer is extended?