Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalBeagle View Post
Life in international firms is harsh but rewarding. Pay is better than anything a law student would ever imagine. Silver circle firms start their NQs at about 10k, while magic circle firms do about 12k. You’d be an “NQ” when you finish SG 2PQE. Monthly salaries generally increase by 2k each year thereafter until Year 8-10 or so, which is quite decent.

US firms pay even better, but generally work you somewhat harder (though i’d say the higher pay more than justifies this additional burden).

My advice is always to jump out of a big4 and go international as soon as you can. Then pull yourself all the way to the highest tier you can reach (Magic Circle or White Shoe ideally).

Sorry i can’t say much about work life balance. It’s a tough profession which rewards the tough. Definitely not a bed of roses. Been in the game 9 years and it doesn’t get any easier...
Idk what you’re on about. Trainee at an MC firm and I’m generally out the door by 7, maybe staying till 8 once or twice a week. Work life balance still not good compared to other jobs but amazing compared to the local firms.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app