Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I guess many openings are not exactly real openings. If you see the same job appearing for months, something is not as what have you thought. They could have rejected you, but can't possibly they have rejected hundreds other candidates too. Likely these jobs have been filled internally way before you have applied, but the posting is just... for show.

Even though I have 10 years of work experience and armed with multiple degrees with excellent grades, I'm too not getting a single call, though each resume I wrote to fit the JD and even used apps to test match them against the JD, still...

And guess what... after long periods of searching, the ones I finally got invited for interviews were those which I was referred in, using a generic resume and no cover letter. *ironic, huh?*

So it is time to put down your pride and shyness. Go send a "Hi how are you?" message to your friends who are working somewhere now. Ask them out for a coffee chat and get their help to pass your resume internally to the HR. Almost 90% of the time, internal referral will get you an interview, which you can then speak to the hiring manager to showcase what you have.