Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello and welcome!

To be honest, like what the above post mention (and see the rest of the civil service timeline and salary), the service focuses a bit on qualification.

Yes, going for an executive possible and then getting to a part-time degree with help from MINDEF.

I advise you to apply something closer to your qualifications. Otherwise, it may be hard to justify and even promote in the longer run since most of the regulars officers and DXO would have a degree qualification.

I think most managers post in Training and OD are 'staff' position - tabling papers and etc, so there are a lot of writing involved, and hence they would definitely prefer someone with degree qualification.

just try for it, you never try you never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidus View Post
Just want to hear from the rest,

I am 26, currently working in a private landscape industry. I have 3 years of working experience as a supervisor. Do you think its possible and feasible to change to a DXO job? I wanted to be a DXO after i ORD-ed but decide to do something which I have interest first.

But my priority changed now as I would like to earn a higher salary for investments to generate more income for my future. My current salary is $2200. From $1300 when I first started as a Gardener Intern when I was 23.

Most likely I will be trying for an executive position since Managers level require a tertiary education, I'm quite sure they are only looking at degree. Is it possible to work my way up from there? Or eventually I will still need a degree to get promotions?

I am also interested in applying for the Training/HR/OD departments as I got keen interest in them.