Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow dxo thread is real exciting, with local fresh grads quoting as high as 4-4.4k. no wonder that place is buzzing. i was reading through their progression, seems pretty weird that they go for internal interviews (like others) to get jobs. do other civil service do that too?
Eer, I advise you to absorb with a pinch of salt. I still feel that most FCH will get quoted under 3.5k. Only those midcareer who somehow scored a fantastic package... End up coming to anonymous forums to brag. Take annual package divide by 12 maybe 4.5 lor..

Go see the publicly advertised payscale for spf and officers... Fresh sign on saf Officer scheme uniformed regular 4.5k male, fch, NS. Beginner DXO cannot be above uniform in terms salary la... Its open secret. DXO is 20%-30 less.

Related to timeline..
My cousin just signed on spf... NTU Honours male NS.. 4.4k once graduated from academy 9 months training. No life. 24/7 phone can ring. Regret also no use.. Father and mother signed bond..

Related to your qn.
Yes, more n more in public service do it. The timeline to find talent is as such:
Step 1. Anybody in my dept capable..easily promote. Step 2.anybody in other dept capable..must interview Step 3. Anybody from outside... Stringent interview.