Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2019, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

One man's meat is another man's poison. When I went to dttb, couldn't help listening into the gossip and complaints of the non uniform ladies n gentlemen. It feels like those who really want to maximise the system, can really just push it all the way and fully utilise the perks. However as my friend (a uniformed regular) advised me, since there are so many deadweight around, if you are keen to rise, it is not difficult to be visible. as a officer he has so many deadweight around he is grateful to have one or two good people to do good work. That is, for dx9 and dx10. It seems that dx11 onwards, it is difficult to be outstanding based on hard work alone.

However another friend, resigned navy officer also advised about the deadweight mindset of uniformed officers. They really just wear uniform and know nothing. He resigned because he kept contributing and kept rising but he reached his own knowledge ceiling after rising 3 ranks. CEP maxed just too bad. In his words, the military lives in their own bubble. But then, doesn't every large organisation live in their own bubble?

To everyone that feels negative about the work of a DXO, don't let the negative energy drag you down. The grass is not always greener on the other side, but the grass certainly grows better on the side that is well maintained.

My opinion is, get in, enjoy the perks, learn what you can, get out. If you hit your late 40s, then just cruise with the decent annual package.