Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2019, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, to say they are phantom jobs is not true, theres no law dictating that an organization must take down positions within certain days of it being filled. And there's no law saying a company cannot collect resume ahead of the future recruitment drive.

However to the desperate job seeker, it is frustrating that we apply for a non-existant position. For me, I make it a point to only apply to jobs within the first week of it posted when I was actively job seeking.

Recently LHL took a happy photo with I think the career coaches and proclaimed 30k people placed to jobs. Didn't say if its haphazardly selling bodies to organisations though.
Pls lah. People, pls wake up and smell the coffee. Job ads get placed for a wide variety of reasons, some are furthest away from a position needing to be filled. I understand your frustration but seriously, do talk to an experienced senior HR person and coax them to privately share (if you can) the 'tactics' behind. I guarantee it will blow your mind.

Sometimes, the ads are for real; sometimes it is a game. The key is know when you should fold and walk away. No need to get so emotionally invested. Before being hired, you are ultimately a statistic and someone to be exploited. Know which situation it is.