Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need advise on which Doctorate Course (DBA) or PhD offered here is most recognized?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Verified Member

Daniel is on a distinguished road
Question Need advise on which Doctorate Course (DBA) or PhD offered here is most recognized?

Hi all, I am intending to pursue a doctorate course being offered by local private institution in Singapore.

My academic background is a MBA and 2nd Class Honors degree, both in international Business and Marketing.

I am in the Outdoor Media advertising industry and I realized that perhaps obtaining a doctorate might not help push up my salary package substantially but I am considering doing a doctorate to prepare myself in future if I were to set up my own advisory / consultancy firm.

There has been a few doctorates programs being offered here by Private Institutions here in Singapore including by MDIS. I would like to seek opinions and advise by fellow forumers here on which program is most recognizable and able to add most value in terms of prestige and recognition of university and course?

I am looking into furthering in the discipline of international Relations or Strategy studies in media / advertising.

Can anyone help advise please?

Thank you