Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Default adding on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Only in very very rare cases, I came across companies who sent automated no-reply rejection emails to applicants when the role has been filled or when they were not shortlisted.

Be it be a case of genuine 'profile collecting' or 'role internally filled but job posting not taken down', having a timeline will make it much easier for everyone, and job seeker can move on and mark as case close.
Haiz... this issue of radio silence, even my parents (60s) fed up. 3G army, Smart nation, Huawei doing 5G, phones with a screen that can fold....... HR still unable to add everyone to BCC and send a 1 liner, **we regret to inform you that the position is now closed** we don't need a whole page (MNC do send a whole page of sugar coated words) just 1 liner will suffice.

a bank sent a 1 liner and I was immensely thankful.

Quote:
Sadly, I don't know if it is working, as from this thread, many people are suffering from the same frustration. I guess many job seekers want the real truth, rather than false hope.
the idea is similar to the Haze problem. since 2016 HR of an SB refuse to issue 3m mask despite asking for it. They sent out a memo, for the health of our officers we have adequate in stock. HOWEVER, only when PSI reaches "unhealthy" then allowed to issue. There was an incident that PSI hit above 150, HR still refused to issue, pending instruction... these eunuchs of the emperor...

the morale of my story, the real reason is, (found out over tea) they want you to feel assured that gahmen is prepared and already anticipated this. they don't issue the mask because they don't want half a million public servants to wear a mask and cause panic. This issue of confidence in the gov, assurance, speculation .... haiz....

I have a history of asthma related to allergies, I bought and wore my own mask when I go for lunch and I Removed my work lanyard... I walked past HR towards food centre, HR never bothered me.

Quote:
Agree. I have even heard of cases where someone was hired because he/she fit the personality type they were looking for, but ended up it was a job role misfit as the role/work expectation was not properly communicated, which the person quit shortly after joining.
to share: hidden agenda I heard of include, manager scared to be overshadowed, manager themselves don't hope to hit target for whatever reason, gender bias department not willing to take opposite gender, age bias manager, race/lang bias department whole dept cannot speak English anyway... and these problems are often in companies that proudly hang up the cert "Equal opportunity employer".. yes there is such a cert, hung up at many public service organisations.