Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HR knows u r fresh, so they don't expect you to bargain. I assume you applied for public service. It's strictly formula for freshies. They will inform you the salary before they make an appt with you to sign the paper. Is your honours almost set in stone already? Or like hovering first and second upper sort...

She should revert when the layers all stamp approval. If you want to bargain based on internship experience or part time jobs you can try to nudge maybe 100 or 200 bucks, but that's pushing your luck. Depends on how badly you want this job. Let her come back to you first, don't jump the gun and try bargaining now. maybe the numbers satisfy you already.
I see thanks for writing this thoughtful response. Yes, that why i didnt ask much. She just call to say that the bosses are keen to give me a chance. I don’t think i have the capacity to negotiate but i am just curious at which stage would we discuss renumeration. Cause i realise we didnt speak about that throughout the interviews.