Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobHunter45 View Post
my god so this explains why the job postings are up for sooooo long and they never seem to be filled - because these are phantom jobs! I wonder when MOM tallies job opening statistics, do they take these phantom jobs into account? that would explain why there's always positive/neutral news on job openings, but the large majority of job seekers I know struggling for months before they even get a callback for an interview!
Well, to say they are phantom jobs is not true, theres no law dictating that an organization must take down positions within certain days of it being filled. And there's no law saying a company cannot collect resume ahead of the future recruitment drive.

However to the desperate job seeker, it is frustrating that we apply for a non-existant position. For me, I make it a point to only apply to jobs within the first week of it posted when I was actively job seeking.

Recently LHL took a happy photo with I think the career coaches and proclaimed 30k people placed to jobs. Didn't say if its haphazardly selling bodies to organisations though.