Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 03:27 PM

Pinko is on a distinguished road

Hi All, i am 40 years old this year. Was a contract worker until Dec 2017. after being jobless for so long, finally able to get a job late last year. But alas, a short 1 week before i was due to be confirmed, my ex-boss (FEMALE) terminated me with no compensation, on grounds that i was not ''performing''. (this termination also happened 1 week near to CNY 2019) I have reason to believe that this is an unfair dismissal. so i called in to MOM and wanted to log a case. MOM said that they dont handle my case, and throw me (the ball) to TADM. TADM is totally useless. They said that they dont have a strong case to fight for me, and said that my ex boss can totally dont come for the meditation. and she can come or dont come on a ''voluntary'' basis. Isnt this ridiculous or what? I was dismissed on unfair grounds, i never reported late at all, did OT whenever the need arises, saved money for the company when there's a event happening or able to cut budget for them. Sometimes i even skipped lunch due to the heavy workload. So i felt so angry for over a month before being able to claim down. now feeling so depressed as i have been sending out so many resumes and went for a number of interviews, where i was being passed over so many times for other junior people or FTs who is willing to take very low pay. I am aged 40, where they told me i am too ''old''. What should i do more to get immediate perm job?