Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, if im a nitec holder, aircraft technician, self study and do all the SAR 66 Papers by myself, how long does it take me to become an LAE? Also if i do all the papers by myself, do i still need to attend all the module lectures again with the company or will they straight away send me for the type rating course?
Once ure in as a technician, u have 1+ year training until u pass out. Then u need 8 years experience as a technician. Then look out for the technician conversion program. But they may not even consider u. So u will have to wait until u are, 1++++ years. Even with ur sar66 papers completed (they have an expiry date btw, otherwise u have to redo sar66 papers waste time and money), u need to be accepted into a type course.wait 3-4 months, take another 3-4 months. Then after the type course, gather daily work experience and record down for 180 days on the specific aircraft type, which take minimum 2 years. Then administrative stuff 1 year, plus dilly-dally shag from working, 1 more year and walah! Minimum 13 years. And +++

But during the 8 years, u most probably be pushed into the Certifying Technician program. CAT A, SAR66 papers also have to take. And lcence from CAAS. Tow aircraft and simple tasks to u can sign off. So maybe MIN 6 years to become CT, CAT A Licenced Personnel.

Caas papers are self study. If u join as a tech, u dun nreallly need the courses but ttaining program is still fixed. No shortcuts of doing outside so i can fast track. Very structured. After which if u wan to upgrade, at ur own time, own money, unless there is a internal program. Take note of expiry for some papers. They wont conduct anything for u.