Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of doing an Digital Media diploma/degree? Read this first.
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i don't see myself as successful, but quite surprised that americans are willing to support my amaturish apps. maybe becos .99 USD seems like 50cents to us.

first of all, u need to know how to use objective-c and xcode. then u can try using the cocos2d framework to make your games. download at cocos2d for iPhone, comes with tutorials and stuff. tons of code and tutorials on the internet.

most importantly, have a good gameplay to attract gamers. good luck.
Hi, in fact I'm writing my first iPhone app using cocos2d. A friend told me he's making about 1k usd from a single app he wrote. Another friend, a Filipino, also had a simple fun app that made him an accumulated 60k over 2 years. It's very encouraging to geeks like myself who can't survive in banks or corporate world.

Do you think the iPhone developer community in Singapore is big? I heard that there's a lot of demand but not enough good developers here. Maybe you can explore starting a consulting company to write apps for big MNCs and such.