Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me, 8 years. I feel that my age is a big big problem plus my gap of unemployment.

The questions you ask, I think it's priorities that you need to ask yourself. So many factors to consider such as old parents, spouse not working, milk powder, tuition, condo, car... Some people it's all of the above. Even 5k hits zero at the end of month. 5k is good money for many people who manage their wealth prudently.

To me the bare mini mum is a job related to my field. I refuse to take a job in nursing when my expertise is in education, unless I'm in the training dept of a hospital then it makes sense. I don't buy into the concept of enjoying the work as work to me it's offering my time n energy in exchange for money. How can someone be excited to fulfill someone else needs? Nowadays bosses love to offer low salary and keep asking candidates what is your passion.... Oh please it's just a job... Dollars n cents rule. Even if I work hard and OT it's just to wayang for promotion.

However it's just my humble opinion. As long I don't dread going to work, it's good enough for me.
Rightly so, especially in sg, a job is to pay bills. Nearing mid-life, many will start to feel disillusioned.

It is strange when recruiters ask, what do you look for in yr next career or what type of roles are you looking for?
If we have 0 experience in the roles we fancy, the company won’t even bother to interview us.
It always has to be somewhat related to what we did before....it’s difficult to branch out.