Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed
Thread: Advice needed
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by heracles View Post
I am a fresh grad, actually currently offered several roles in the accounting and finance realm. I am seeking advice from experienced individuals out there on the degree of importance to start off in the Big4 as compared to MNCs.
I've heard conflicting opinions,
- Start in Big4, look better in resume and better long term prospects
- Dont need to start in big4 also can be successful in the accounting and finance realm.

I am not asking for unicorn/exceptional cases, I am asking for common experience, is it advised to start off in Big4 first and accept a lower pay compared to MNC (15-16% higher)
I am not in accounting and finance. In general MNCs pay vs Big 4 or even banks for some roles.

I will go to where I am paid well. Unless big 4 is the only offer you have on hand.

As long as you are good in what you do, you can easily move in other companies in future.

Big 4 may be a good brand name but the truth is not all people who came from big 4 are really good in what they do.

I have worked with auditors and consultants in the course of my career. Only a minority of them is good but most of them are just trying to smoke their way through. They are supposed to help us in our work but it always seems like the opposite.

The above is just my honest opinion.