Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:54 PM
Ambition

Cool My journey

Thank you all for the amazing contribution. It's time to give back to this community.

PT: 18 Sep 18
applied to several DXO roles in the meantime. never received any rejection.

HR called to manage my salary expectation. My expectation was high 4k which i already felt distraught when I indicate. This is not a salary thread so I won't dwell on this.

Waited weeks then followed up. HR assured me that the hiring manager likes my profile but not free.

IV: 3 months later
30 mins to answer the questions.
1.What is your weakness
2.Define the word obstacle

30 mins to memorize the real job description which is 50% different from website. Now, I quickly reorganize how to sell my profile and experience to bosses in the room. the description will be taken away.

Site: 5 weeks later
received the good news from HR 2 weeks later but the site appointment made separately with the unit had to be much further.

There were 2 finalists incl me. The other person did not turn up so I had the opportunity to sales talk. My boss was sold. Straight away reply to HR.

I was briefed on the job scope n shown to my desk. I digged deeper n found out that expectation had changed and heavier.

We had a good chat (sales talk again) about my ideas in relation to my boss's vision n direction and we agreed on certain ideas.

Some people take the site for granted. My suggestion is, if the job is crucial for survival, cherish every event as an opportunity.

Site preview passed: 2 weeks later
HR called to congratulate and fixed appointment for medical.

I also acknowledged that clearance will begin.

I took the opportunity to email a courtesy and clarification letter, mentioned the demands discussed at the site was different from the interview as HR disregarded some things that my boss express interest in.

Medical/clearance: 1 week later

@CMPB 1-2+pm don't need to take leave just ask for time off or plan a day boss not around. No need to give blood, urine, test eyesight or fast. just protocol.

Dress professionally n walk straight to the supervisor and report. Under DXO scheme the supervisor will attend to you personally and jump all the queue. Or I was lucky?

2 days later HR informed me that the medical status is 'processing' . Also reverted with a new salary range for my acknowledgement prior to approval.

2 weeks later HR called to inform me that clearance is almost complete. Also informed me the final salary (revised again) .

I am happy, my bottomline is to be paid fairly for what you need from me. No doubt the actual job much would be 'CCA' for PB but 'CCA' is mostly is soft skills and voluntary in nature.

signed: 4 weeks later
First year probation, entitled all the monetary benefits n leave. Subsequent perm. Resign within 3 months required to pay back liquidated damages.

My profile
Relevant Masters, relevant professional certificates, pass Degree, 8 years relevant exp, NS, several testimonials of good service from bosses and clients.

I hope the Masters will speed up my promotion. I am pretty certain they disregarded my Masters in calculation of salary.

Public service don't count freelance as experience. Of my 8 years 2 years were freelance.