Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone,

I read so many postings here and I would say they contain very insightful materials of the brutal legal industry. Thank you for the contributions!

I am a recent law graduate and presently doing my RLT. Looking forward to do my Part A(session 2) in this Oct/Nov 2019 (SCARY : my first attempt!)

As I read many former qualified lawyers moved in-house and became so much happier, but what if I decided not to and might still want to find satisfaction in my work?

I always remember my first interaction with a lawyer( yes, I got into a hit-and-run accident, someone hit my car instead and sped off!) and he advised me not to take out a civil suit (est $10K) and rather take the 50% settlement($1K); and save the agony of time and trial! HE could have possibly antagonize me to take this issue further, make the extra billings but he didn't.. I think that was the best advice any ethical lawyer would have given, given the fact I was still 'hot'
He even went to the extent of telling me an incident where a supercar driver went scot-free, who is an obvious instigator, in the crash with another driver because of the person's abilities to afford expensive legal representation; just to dissuade me from pressing suit. His departing words to me, words to the effect, " There's no justice in this world. If you want one, go to heaven and look for one".

I intend to make my legal career a lasting one, by trying my best to avoid many pitfalls, and along the way, make a decent living( hopefully $70K-$80K..), and yet find satisfaction in the work. Sounds paradoxical? Any advice from the seniors?

P.s. Any senior here that has taken Part A? If you have any lecture recordings, would you mind to share with me @ [email protected].

Thank you very much in advance everyone! Love and Peace.
Actually nothing much needs to be said. Just start working and you will soon find out whether you like it or not or whether you cmi or not. Talk so much now also no use.

You might think 70k-80k is decent living now but trust me when you start comparing with your peers and start having more substantial financial responsibilities, it's never enough.

Pls pass your Part A on the first try. There's no excuse for failing.