Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think this really is a catch-22
As someone who graduated 2plus years ago, I have come to realise that conventional wisdom has been right, your first job salary will determine your future job salary
So it’s not easy making a decision to take the plunge of low first job salary
I am one such victim. My parents had the mindset that experience is better than counting ants. So my first job as a graduate was 1.5k during the Lehman brother global financial crisis. Even 1.5k I took 9 months to land. Until today I regret taking that job. Almost 10 years down the road my salary is roughly FCH starting pay. However there are others who decided to go into sales and sell property, insurance, car, taking 6-8k a month. But my question is, is my cohort so unfortunate?

Today I tell the youngsters, better count ants than regret with any lower than 2.5k your spouse and parents will be grateful 10 years down the road when they all become your dependents.

Majority of 'fair employment' companies are BS. Which fair employment judges you based on payslip? If truly fair please use a formula and completely ignore payslip. If truly fair, for the same position, pay the same to plain degree and honours.

Public service these days loves to declare that higher degree is irreverent and not counted, yet honours instantly get couple of hundred more. Same for WSQ certs. These jokers can't get their act together.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app