Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Pharmacy hardest course.

Pharmacy harder to study la... bell curve so tough. Harder than medicine and dentistry which don't have bell curve. Chem engine now need only BBCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's a huge demand for pharmacist due to the opening of more hospitals/polyclinics here in Singapore. In fact, we are facing a shortage right now. However, that would mean that your career is more or less fixed. I've heard from friends (who are pharmacists) that the competition in hospitals are stiff, as the older generations typically do not budge until retirement age. Good thing is you can do locum, and that's quite a nice and flexible job that offers decent pay. Which you can do on weekends (as a sideline) on top of your job.

Chemical engineering is a good course, but I assume would be harder to study as oppose to Pharmacy. Unless you're good with maths, physics, and some computing of course. Prospect wise I would say Chem Eng is more versatile with more options than Pharma. If your grades are solid, and you've secured internships during your study, you could be working for big O&G companies or in financial industry. But you need FCH plus solid CCA and internships.