Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Ambition

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I resigned and been jobless for about 8 months as i have a young child. I was holding mid-level managerial post so i would say that pay is ok and workload stressful. Then now i begin to look for job to go back to the workforce. Very hard to even secure an interview. Tried to go for a more junior role, also no interviews. Finally got an interview through a recruiter but super super pissed with him. Very rude and keep making mistakes. He even scheduled the interview at the wrong date! Then as this company has 3 locations, he even lied to me that the future workplace will be at location A but luckily i enquired during the interview, it will actually be at location B. He called today that the company will officially offer but he keeps pushing down my expected salary and saying lots of sarcastic things. I'm actually not that super keen on the role as it will be super taxing and i might not be able to handle as i have family commitment. But i was seriously considering to just give it a try due to money la.. but now because of him, I feel like just giving this job opportunity a pass as i really feel like vomiting everytime i talk to him.
You probably already considered but anyway... Rope in your family if possible. Get parents to move in to help or let children live with them during weekdays but if newborn more likely is they move in with you. If you get an interview don't ask for concessions to flexi work until u signed on the dotted line. You really don't want any sign of weaknesses in your profile.

Jobs these days are highly competitive with a beeline of people without obligation (fresh grads)

Based on hearsay, SME are lowballing fresh grads under 2k.