Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

HI, I'm a GEO 2 (Dip Trained Teacher) and will be completing my 4 full years of teaching by July 2019. Hence, I'd be in my 5th year when I get my CONNECT Plan in Dec 2019. May I check how to find the details of CONNECT Plan in the HRMS?

BTW, I'm a mid-career switch teacher. Left Citibank 6 years ago where I drew a base pay of $3300 as a degree holder. I joined teaching to be more hands on with my passion for Art, knowing that they don't recognise my RMIT Biz Mgt Bachelor degree. However, I probably made the greatest mistake in my life, because, till now, my gross monthly pay is only $3075.

I've been working very hard at school and have gotten B, B performance grades, another B this year. Last promotion from GEO 1 to GEO 2 was 2 years ago. Just very tired. I'm the lowest rank but the most experienced GEO in the prefectorial board. Planned and ran the Sec 1 Orientation camp myself. Had to train the students to be camp facilitators on my own too. Finally gotten my promotion to GEO3 as per informed today. Wondering what will my salary revision be like. Hope its substantial.

Have been studying part time for the past 3 years for bachelor degree for Art Education with Management at SUSS, completing it by June this year. Even then, upon my email enquiries, HR said there won't be any changes to my pay grade after I get a recognised degree because Diploma holders and Degree holders' pay scales have been merged. But obviously I'm getting the lower end of the scale.

I enjoy my time with students. I generally like the nature of the job. But the trade off at the salary department has been proving to be too great. Any advice from the experienced teachers here?

Thank you!