Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Red face Mindef DXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree. HR called me a few days after PT to enquiry if I am willing to lower my expected salary. She said that my profile is highly favorable. Apparently they can only call a certain number of candidates to meet commanders. In my heart I was thinking, they called me just to clock numbers, to prove they have tried their best to offer adequate alternatives.

Turned out that on the day of interview, they invited 4 candidates, one from each age bracket. 20s 30s 40s 50s. I am 30s. Since I felt that I was there to clock numbers for SAF, no loss right... So I did myself justice by executing my customised self intro, then at an appropriate moment I politely asked the commander, why they called me when this position is usually for XXXX type of profile. Afterall I had nothing to lose.

Apparently my commander don't want a person ex or current military just to throw a spanner into the dept due to some master plan I cannot share here. HR also assured me that all candidates had equal opportunity.

Today I am praying for clearance to Pass (very soon).

If you like what they wrote on the website, and you are serious about serving the public and take home an okay salary, do your best bud, dont let the idea of "Encik job" sway your confidence.
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words. All the best to you! Just wondering possible to nego salary w them? I know they have some kind of range base on class of honours.