Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seeking a second opinion here. I'm lucky to have found a fellow lawyer as my girlfriend; trouble is both of us are PQE 4s and we have exceeded the HDB income ceiling for ECs and the skyhigh prices of leasehold condos does not appeal to us. I'm fortunate enough to work in a international firm and the opportunity has arisen where I could lateral into its Australian office. The girlfriend is an Australian graduate and is happy to move with me while she looks for a job there. My dilemma lies in trading the comforts and familiarity of Singapore for a new challenge overseas and a very realistic chance of owning a freehold landed property in the very real sense of the word (yes, I grew up in a HDB). As an aside, Singapore is a terrible place for the sandwiched class like myself who aspire towards home ownership without being saddled with a huge mortgage.

What would you guys do in my shoes?
To each and their own really. I'm in Singapore just to take care of my parents and my spouse's parents. Otherwise I'll move really. Singapore is quite the shithole nowadays