Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh that's nice and glad you are doing well. I'm very fortunate that I'm doing slightly better than you. Took me less than 5 years (younger than you as I'm only 29 this year) to reach $8.6k a month salary. Was super lucky that I made the right choices in every move. First 4 roles were in AML transaction monitoring. Previous and current role are in AML Advisory. All in less than 5 years.

It is very doable if you started 4 to 5 years ago during the prime time of AML hiring. Not too sure if the current batch of fresh AML analysts can experience the same career path, as AML is not as "hot" as before.
Yeah we seem like peers that started out around the same time. Think experience level is more relevant as a benchmark compared to age, as I was grinding online poker exclusively for 2 years after i grad and earning probably even more than I am now! But story for another day.

Just curious do u have professional papers? And is your current place offering substantial variable bonuses as well? I literally just took 2.95 mths bonus and a promotion with increment of 11% which pushes me to sub 9k range. Im pretty sure im capped out right now on a experience vs pay scale... not sure what the market will be like when i look in 3-6 months time.