Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Thanks buddy appreciate you taking time to advise. Is this ranking intra dept, or inter the unit? I find it unfortunate if a unit has 3 dxo and each year they all know who will get A, B and C already.

If first year default C, those people who start in Jan are lucky due to longer runway and those who start in June are shortchanged.

I kind of like this system of self fulfillment as a DXO. It seems that those who want to rise must seek opportunities, and those who are happy just quietly do their work. However I am sure that there must be problems too. I heard from an ex uniformed officer, that he got his A grade by doing work outside his responsibilities, no point excelling in work in his primary job scope. This is very interesting to me. I guess it translates into getting appointment and doing well in them?

For dxo does appointment really translate into dollars monthly? Or does it mean dollars in terms of bonus pegged to A grade? So if I'm a dx9p, my salary can be equal to status quo dx10 if I take up many challenges?

Thank you for your advice.
yup. the systems seems to think in most cases, everyone is equal in their primary roles. so they save time during ranking boards by just looking at the extras. personally i dont agree with such approach.. but this is the current culture in MINDEF. example.. if you are someone holding a appt in NDP or more recently RSAF 50. a national event, you are more 'favoured'. this is the way it is. even though you might have a project which is 10 times more time consuming, you might still lose out due to prestige.. its sad.

like i mentioned, appointment doesnt matter.. they pay by rank. only difference is during performance grading.. those that get A will have higher bonus.. thats all.