Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Ambition

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i not sure about other units or communities culture, but i have seen DXOs that wants to promote and do well and those that are happy with status quo. people that wants to do well tend to seek improvements in work processes and do extra work like projects or secondary appointments. those status quo people will be just happy with their primary job. no right or wrong... some has family, some cant OT. in ranking, all bosses will discuss.. so not just only your boss. you need to provide 'bullets' for your boss to help you. curry favour... not really.. cause in reality, what you do is there for all to see. of course, being likable wont do you any harm.

not sure where you heard that from... jump from DX9 to DX10 depends on your experience, ranking and performance. i know there certain criteria to jump to DX10. some communities are faster than the others, promotion wise. and btw in the first year.. your ranking is default C. you cant promote with just 1 year service. we are not LHL!
Thanks, dunno what happened my reply is taking forever to be released by the mod.

Do you know, is ranking within the dept or within camp or all the DXO in SG?

Appointment is grabbed by the person themselves, or the boss will arrow to test your ability? I am quite a go-getter who wants to give back to public service. I am wondering if I must highlight my willingness to excel to my commander. My limited understanding of SAF is very top down. So if i must go to the top, then at least I won't waste time trying to impress my RO who maybe... Is not an achiever in the first place.

I heard from friends that if your reservist is all reservist, no regulars, it will be a culture shock when observe the regulars. It is as though entered another country under military law. First obey the laws, then do the job decently. Not do the job well and try to skirt around the laws as in corporate.

May I know what was the last known PB for C grade? Got 1.5 month?

Thank you for the replies

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app