Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Ambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i not sure about other units or communities culture, but i have seen DXOs that wants to promote and do well and those that are happy with status quo. people that wants to do well tend to seek improvements in work processes and do extra work like projects or secondary appointments. those status quo people will be just happy with their primary job. no right or wrong... some has family, some cant OT. in ranking, all bosses will discuss.. so not just only your boss. you need to provide 'bullets' for your boss to help you. curry favour... not really.. cause in reality, what you do is there for all to see. of course, being likable wont do you any harm.

not sure where you heard that from... jump from DX9 to DX10 depends on your experience, ranking and performance. i know there certain criteria to jump to DX10. some communities are faster than the others, promotion wise. and btw in the first year.. your ranking is default C. you cant promote with just 1 year service. we are not LHL!
Thanks buddy appreciate you taking time to advise. Is this ranking intra dept, or inter the unit? I find it unfortunate if a unit has 3 dxo and each year they all know who will get A, B and C already.

If first year default C, those people who start in Jan are lucky due to longer runway and those who start in June are shortchanged.

I kind of like this system of self fulfillment as a DXO. It seems that those who want to rise must seek opportunities, and those who are happy just quietly do their work. However I am sure that there must be problems too. I heard from an ex uniformed officer, that he got his A grade by doing work outside his responsibilities, no point excelling in work in his primary job scope. This is very interesting to me. I guess it translates into getting appointment and doing well in them?

For dxo does appointment really translate into dollars monthly? Or does it mean dollars in terms of bonus pegged to A grade? So if I'm a dx9p, my salary can be equal to status quo dx10 if I take up many challenges?

Thank you for your advice.