Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Appreciate this much buddy.

They didn't say DXO is a farmer but it made me feel rather disappointed that it's so vague, like there's nothing positive to say.

If the system is like this, means I don't have to really excel in my job? I only need to impress my next boss sufficiently, to move up? But in reality of course bosses do chat over coffee and inform your next boss you are great/ok/cmi. Maybe that's why some suggest that curry favour is important.

Buddy can i further enquiry, there's some rumours that in the first year ONLY, one can jump from dx9 to dx 10, do you have any concept of this?
i not sure about other units or communities culture, but i have seen DXOs that wants to promote and do well and those that are happy with status quo. people that wants to do well tend to seek improvements in work processes and do extra work like projects or secondary appointments. those status quo people will be just happy with their primary job. no right or wrong... some has family, some cant OT. in ranking, all bosses will discuss.. so not just only your boss. you need to provide 'bullets' for your boss to help you. curry favour... not really.. cause in reality, what you do is there for all to see. of course, being likable wont do you any harm.

not sure where you heard that from... jump from DX9 to DX10 depends on your experience, ranking and performance. i know there certain criteria to jump to DX10. some communities are faster than the others, promotion wise. and btw in the first year.. your ranking is default C. you cant promote with just 1 year service. we are not LHL!