Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 12:09 AM
Ambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
let me shed a little light here. CEP is your 'endpoint' based on your performance. for example, LHL is destined to be a general and minister due to his performance and qualifications. if your CEP is to be a LTC, then they will promote you accordingly during your career..unless you exceed performance in the middle.. your CEP will not change. so you are expected a promotion within certain years. for DXOs, there isnt a CEP per se, but im sure they are able to estimate...

reason why they mentioned DXO is farmer. first, DXO careers paths are not planned out for us like for military personnel. DXO gets to choose our own paths. meaning, if there is an opening for DX13 post, and if im interested as a DX9, i can apply for it. getting it or not is another qn... you need to pass a higher level interview but ive seen DX10 applying for DX12 and getting it.. double promotion.and im sure thats why HR told you DXO is farmer.. cause if you dont seek your own opportunities.. you can stay DX10 your whole life.
Appreciate this much buddy.

They didn't say DXO is a farmer but it made me feel rather disappointed that it's so vague, like there's nothing positive to say.

If the system is like this, means I don't have to really excel in my job? I only need to impress my next boss sufficiently, to move up? But in reality of course bosses do chat over coffee and inform your next boss you are great/ok/cmi. Maybe that's why some suggest that curry favour is important.

Buddy can i further enquiry, there's some rumours that in the first year ONLY, one can jump from dx9 to dx 10, do you have any concept of this?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app