Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Ambition

It is getting difficult to stay sane haha. Friends think there's something very wrong with my attitude because I'm very qualified. I can only conclude that Singapore is unforgiving, any gap above 3 months they are fast to condemn you. They worry that you are no longer hungry to work hard and grow.

I took 6 months to get PDVL, then my friends told me don't bother because they ended up giving back a lot of money to gahmen, as priority goes go taxi. Stupid things like, customer insist you to stop at a bus stop (only bus and taxi allowed, grab is not taxi) and customers stand at the taxi stand and demand you go there to pick-up (grab cannot) then customer complain all sorts of things like they waited forever for you (5 mins) the 1 person I know who is a full time with grab, basically apologizes the whole day to avoid problems and treats tea sessions as meeting friends.

On average gojek / grab earn $20 per hour. Minus rental and erp, might as well find $10 per hour temp job no worries sarman or accident, no stress to rush to customer in 10 mins.

Gahmen will never give PDVL a break, because their lousy taxi scheme low take up. Taxi is every country's standard retirement job that gahmen wants to give the impression that they are kind and helping you, when you are just slogging to pay the bills, solving transportation problem for the nation.

I agree, do internships. If you are under 30, you are still considered a young dog and able to learn tricks. Above 30 u sign up also low chance. You get in also, dept may not be willing to accept and groom you.

For people with good qualification and still stuck, maybe salary requirement too high, field not hiring, or could not click with the boss. Too many possibilities. Minus retail and hospitality, the only fields that require a degree I know are doing OK are construction, finance (everything money related), admin, some areas of engineering. The rest all demand 95% match with experience, salary under 4k.

I picked up cooking, I do part time jobs, I learnt how to repair everything in the house to save money, and I apply for work 2 hours daily.

Don't give up fellas. Push push push!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app