Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hmm i know what ur talking about but i actually tried applied jobs since last year already 100 over jobs. so far i havent see a HR graduate (degree), totally no work experience allows them to get 3k basic monthly for recruiter or hr entry level position eh? While the dx9 allows no experienced hr graduates to apply for and offers around 3k for lowest amount they will receive.
The real job scope will be revealed at the interview. Mindef is a very risk adverse organization. They want people who can react during crucial times, and they are willing to pay good money for this readiness 10% of the time. But I don't deny the possibility that indeed what you say may come true!

That's why i was wondering why u mentioned about apples vs oranges haha..
MINDEF never posts the real job scope. They disguise it under a title that mortals can relate to. To make matters worse, sometimes when u step into office to meet your RO, you may get new instruction that actually we need you to do this.... not that... Then after 3-6 months of hypertension clearing PT, G50, just do... , resigning is a bad idea as peak hiring season is over. Maybe that's why u don't understand what I mean by Apple to Apple. Sorry for confusing you

Like on the job portal, even for HR degree holder, no experience,the job salary range is around 1.8k to 2k basic based on what i saw (for HR). And the degree and diploma pay for hr personnel dont differ much, is like the same, 1.8 to 2.0k .. Which is why my assumption on Hr recruiter dont need degree to be one,which is why the 1.8 to 2.0k salary range.
Not sure why, the HR roles that demand for a degree holder I come across are not so lowly paid..but friends in HR have told me that HR is sunset job already. Everybody invest in software and force staff to go into system to do claims. So each organization now only hires 1 with brains maybe director, then 1 or 2 executive to be the helper to open door, prep for interview, photocopy etc, so I understand your POV, how to pay helper well to do menial tasks?

For the 3k basic monthly salary u talking about, i have seen jobs that offer this amount but it is based on things like 3-5 years work experience hr degree holder. and those like 1 to 3 years probably is like max mid 2k range (even for HR generalist position)
I'm suggesting headhunting/executive search companies like Kelly, Recruit express, I'm absolutely sure no experience also can. Just need you to be willing to sell. The danger is, you are walking the plank every month praying to hit sales target
Do see the above replies in bold. I am not in HR it's just my noob opinion.