Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalBeagle View Post
But the context of the discussion above related to white shoe firms, not the mid tier US firms. The discussion was about firms which pay on the cravath scale.

Cravath partners will never take only 500k-1m, since cravath associates already pull USD440k per annum.

The above isn’t really relevant to me though. I’m lucky enough to be in a white shoe form which pays cravath, but I’m also ultimately a yellow-skinned asian who will never make partner in my current firm. I’m exiting the ladder at year 8 like the rest, and partnership isn’t my end game. Just thought I’d share what I know.
You do realize that pretty much the entire AmLaw100 pays Cravath scale right? (At least back when it was at 180k, I haven't followed the US market as closely since it changed to 190k)

In any case, like I said earlier, Cravath are one of the few firms where pulling in 2m in the first year of partnership is possible. But few firms have the sky-high PEP that Cravath/Wachtell does. White shoe firm's PEP ranges between Wachtell's 5.7m to Cleary's 3m. Unless Cleary's most senior partner is only making double of its most recent partner, theres no way the new partner is pulling in 2m.

Sidenote, I wouldn't rule out partnership at Cravath on the basis of skin colour, especially not when they have an ethnic managing partner.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app