Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation

My humble opinion. I am in education and training industry that shifting away from employing contract even. Lots of associate jobs, big problems created by a certain Mr. Ng. End of rant.

Specific for education n training
Employers now look for 90% fit as there's 100 applicants for each job. Seriously over 100. If big companies like FB Google Amazon, 1000s

HR uses software to filter to top 10 or so. Go read up on ATS compatible resume. It is a software, it's stupid. You must put in effort to outwit it.

Managers do read cover letters though they also expect u to repeat the grandmother story at the table. Don't ever skip the cover. General one better than none. I spend around an hour on each cover trying to meet the needs stated. Sometimes ATS software choose based on covers. U never know.

Once you got the interview, good job you have defeated software. Now u must convince a human. Cater your speech perfectly to the JD. One gap and the other candidate get an advantage. Really have gaps? Go read up what to say to instill confidence in your boss.

Salary wise, don't put above 4k, 5-10 years of exp around 3.7k plus. 2-4 years around 3k plus. Yes it's that bad. Salary can nego after hearing demands of the job, but for people no job, IMO just accept, break the unlucky streak first. Don't forget you got a call from HR partially because you were within acceptable salary range.

From no calls l had 4 interviews, some second round, still praying hard for offer and signing.

In Singapore it is a curse to have gaps excess of 6 months. Break the curse first, psychologically also feel great about yourself. Then demand more later.

Engineering is in demand, 1 round of interview usually sufficient as it's really not fun. If really desperate to buy milk powder, do consider.