Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bro. Accounting is a sunset industry. Better start looking out of the horizon to seek better alternatives. Audit industry need to commit OT frequently. You sure that is what u want? For accounting industry, most want experienced hire. If you do not have minimum experience, company usually won't hire
ok I don't understand this. every company wants people with accounting experience. people need a job to gain experience. however, the same people also need experience to get the job. How?!

Also, when the turnover rate for accounts/audit role is so high, i would think the logical move by companies would be to give candidates a chance when they demonstrate keen interest in the job. And if the companies don't want to give all these eager candidates a chance, then they have no business complaining to their MPs or business chambers that it's so bloody hard to hire people.

after job hunting for so long, i really think that companies (HR and line managers alike) don't know what they want. Think about it. When people resign, it's usually due to push factors such as toxic work environment, crappy bosses, poor remuneration for crazy work load. How many people actually quit because they lack experience and cannot do the job?! Recruitment should be focused on the person's general aptitude and attitude.