Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much $ do you give your parents every month?
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

I don’t give any to either of my parents. Dad gives my money to his mistress overseas, and my mum gives my dad money when he complaons he has not enough for insurance and medical bills. Used to give $300 a month to my mum, but stopped ever since i found out about her giving it to dad (who will give to mistress).

However, i save up for my mum and pays for her overseas trips with her friends/our relatives.

My relatives obviously think i’m unfillial when my parents revealed to them that they don’t receive monthly allowances from me. But, whatever, I don’t care about what other people says as long as i safeguard my family’s wealth.

Let’s not judge the choices each of us make. If given a choice, nobody wants to take the ‘unfillial’ route.

And pls, save up for your own retirement to avoid making your kids sandwiched between you and their future family. Do not take having kids as an auto retirement plan. The cost of living surpasses annual salary increments and it will be even harder for the next generation.