Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have heard of some success stories, granted not many. This is my best option though. If I have to go down this route, do you have any tips on keeping up my market value or finding opportunities? I plan to network intensely while working off 2-3 years of my bond, through alumni and friends. Hopefully that will land an interview?
Very hard. Just think from employers angle. Why would they want to hire someone in his late twenties when there are tons of relatively cheaper, more energetic fresh grads who don't already have bad habits acquired from working in irrelevant organizations.

That said I do know of someone who managed to join a boutique firm because a friend helped him.

Anyway this is all talk. You have 6 years to look for your dream job. If you can't find any, you'll just have to settle for a middle management role in the irrelevant organization.

I still strongly suggest you go find a great job now and beg borrow sting to break the bond now. Else, be very prepared you will have an unfulfilled dream for the rest of your life. Or settle for a lesser dream like becoming an entrepreneur years down the road. Cheers.