Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

guys help me out.

i have an overseas degree from UK. i am a fresh grad. Been unemployed for 6 months. I am getting more sick and tired from hearing people being unemployed especially those who are fresh grad. i hv no experience.

It seems the current job market now caters to people who have poly diploma/higher nitec and I have none of them.

I have contacted professional career counsellors and they advised me to hide my degree on resume for particular jobs that asks for O level or diploma as this technique helps to tackle the problem of becoming overqualified. But If I hide my degree, I am only left with O level and my foundation degree certificate (I did before degree for entrance) is pretty much useless to singapore.

I did my O levels here and got my foundation degree in UK and progressed to study a degree there in UK. I spent a fortune on my studies in UK to have completed my education but I realised that my degree is so useless. I only called for interviews once or once every two months. It is so bad. I apply like 100 jobs every month (20 application per week). I only get recruitment agents calling me to repeat my job requirement. I am even ok with basic salary 1.8K. I just want a job. Sick and tired being at home.

Its either u have experience or have diploma. This or that.

I want to study diploma or some course that could potentially enhance my employability. Not sure what I should study. Any tips?

P.S I have a degree in psych Bsc hons 2:2 and looking for corporate customer service