Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Smile My experience at the inteview

happy new year, time to give back to the community as hiring warms up!

I went for my interview, now awaiting site preview. HR said she will call within 2 weeks if I am further shortlisted.

I enquired with my future boss about the site preview. He said it is just for people who have never been inside a camp, to get a culture shock and possibly, reject the job immediately. Rarely do commanders have the task of shortlisting candidates at site preview these days. Usually, when HR offers the salary, people will also run, no need for them to strike off.

HR said, from the site preview to signing, 6 weeks. People also get rejected for clearance issues. If I count from today, I may start work in the middle of March.

If you see asterix * on DXO recruitment page, 90% it is just a beginner officer job, meaning equivalent to a fresh sign on CPT. though it says "manager", you likely have nobody to manage. They just need a title for the sake of corporate people like me to be tempted.

The commander did make a good point though. In the military things work differently. Unless you consider a cleaning supervisor with 10 cleaners as "managerial" otherwise most jobs in the military now do not require managing people. Based on your appointment, people must take your instruction. Usually, only scholars who got parachuted in will have people to manage.

The job description will be 50% different from the website. HR cited, military secrecy.

the interview question asked about challenges and weakness. It does not matter to my future boss, he said it is part of the HR process.

I concur with someone's advises on this forum. Part of the skill tested is to be extremely familiar with the real job description put in your hands for only 30 mins. Too many candidates fighting for simple jobs.

It is a very simple quantitative process, HR must tick all the boxes to invite you to site preview.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app