Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Accountancy undergrad need advice
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightskain View Post
Hi everyone have been reading this forum for a while but created a new account as it's been on my mind.

I'm about to graduate BAcc in 1 year time but I'm not too sure what I should focus on.

Grades wise I'm currently first class as I really enjoy accounting.

I have not done audit before given hearing the horror stories as well, so im not too sure if that's what I want to do.

Should I instead try the other non audit Dept, such as financial services within big 4 or would there be better opportunities elsewhere as I still want to focus on accounting related jobs.

Thanks
You would have to do SQP though, have you checked up on that? Thing is, if you do enjoy accounting, it’s best that you stick to audit, finish up the 3-4 years, get your SQP and see if you’d like to stay or enter the private sector. Accounting today is different from the accounting of past so I would advise you to try finance (banks) or learn tech (coding) or at least consider these options but know that you won’t be able to practise as an accountant. Audit is the best option if you would like accounting to be a lifelong career.