Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I’m a law student studying in the UK and I’m graduating in June 2019. I’ve been applying to firms for RLT/TC but so far not a single one has responded. My grades aren’t amazing but they aren’t bad either, and I have tons of extra-curriculars. Does anyone have any advice? It’ll be appreciated, thanks!
Time to be shameless & pull any possible strings you/your family may have.
Rewrite your cover letter. I've heard of people with decent grades who were not shortlisted because of a bad one.
Modify your CV. Clearly, something isn't working. The other reply is not wrong in saying that extra-curriculars are not really important. If you want to include them, make sure you mention how they're relevant to your application/your suitability as a trainee.
How many places have you applied to? You need to apply to way more. You can check the LawSoc TC listings page for any vacancies but many of those require immediate commencement of training. Then again, keep in mind that firms take anywhere from 1 week to 3 months to respond, so you may just need to sit tight. It should help if you did any internships, since those tend to be the places you get your TC from.
Google for tips on TC apps, if you haven't done so yet. There is quite a lot of sound advice from seniors out there/resources available to prep you for the process. Good luck!