Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Questions regarding Dermatology

Hello everyone,

I am a current Dermatology resident in the US, and my MD is from one of the universities listed in SMC's [URL="://.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider2/becoming-a-registered-doctor/second-schedule---registrable-basic-medical-qualifications.pdf"]second schedule[/ I am interested in moving to Singapore for practice upon completion of my residency and attainment of my board certification. I have a few questions to clarify:
  1. Can you kindly clarify the differences between an Associate Consultant, Consultant and Senior Consultant? What would someone in my position (board-certified Dermatologist) be considered? Pardon my ignorance, as we do not have such career titles in the US.
  2. Dermatology is not listed as one of the specialties under the [URL="://.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider2/becoming-a-registered-doctor/list-of-registrable-postgraduate-medical-qualifications.pdf"]Registrable Postgraduate Medical Qualification[/. Would Dermatology qualify under Internal Medicine?
  3. Would I be able to practice independently from the get-go, or do I have to be under supervision? If I have to be under supervision, how long would it be?
  4. What are the typical work hours for a Dermatologist in independent practice?
  5. What is the typical income for a Dermatologists who practices a mixture of medical, surgical (non-Mohs) and cosmetic dermatology?

Thank you in advance.

PS. I created an account to ask the above questions, but my post did not show up, hence I'm re-posting this again. Moderators please feel free to delete either of my post to avoid duplication.