Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - May I request a Cover Letter + CV Review? Thanks so much!
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 02:00 AM

AZG_zx is on a distinguished road

Yup, I did do it myself, I actually did that crazy fancy menu looking like resume before I wise-d up and used a Recruiter's format.

I left SAF as I felt I was getting too comfortable, and that I had a dream to chase, and SAF could not bring me there. Yes, the pay is very good, but my unit was one that heavily depended on activity from our neighbours and there was not much to do.

To be fair, our work is extremely important. One missed report or information is critical and can mean the difference between we win first or we die first. So its not jiak liao bee.

But the polite answer is that we are too peaceful now. That's a VERY good thing. May it last forever.

But as an individual, I found myself slowly counting down the seconds to pangkang for 7 hours every day.

I'm young, I got energy, and those 7 hours were a huge drain. We could not bring any electronics into the office, we could not bring any other reading material.

And I was only ME1-2, and most post out openings were for ME2-2 onwards, which meant I would be stuck there for another 6 years more. So I got out once my bond was up.

I don't know how long it will take to build up to 4k again, and I kinda refuse to become part of the statistic, where 90% of ex-SAF become GRAB/Property/Insurance. Literally 5 out of the last 6 that left are now insurance agents wtf..

I believe there is more.