Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucioPeanuts View Post
Reading up on big 4 threads, I’ve noticed they don’t really take in private degrees unless you have additional certs/qualifications (ACCA etc.) I’m not sure how true this information may be.

Nonetheless, can anyone very this? As I’m currently taking my degree in Accounting & Finance from Kaplan - Murdoch, as well as sitting for ACCA-SBR paper, I would expect to complete all ACCA papers by the end of my course at Kaplan. (Exempted from F1-9). Also have a few years of Payroll experience (part time job while studying).

Hope someone could advise if I stand any chance at getting into the big 4 after I grad? Or would I be better off applying to mid-tiers?
You should try to work in mid-tier audit firms to gain experience first. I used to work in KPMG as HR so i know it is really competitive as we usually shortlist/offer local uni grads first. I heard from my colleague from experienced hire that they do take in those from RSM and BDO for SA1 or SA2 roles. It would be good if you have 3 to 4 years of exp.