Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Reference Checks: Does SG HR really check them??
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi samantha,

So far no test, just a health questionair to fill up. Asked alot of direct and sensitive questions like whether I have high blood, diebetes, hiv/aids and whether I am taking any long term medications. I feel this is a breach of privacy and they should not be asking such private question, especially when the job is desk bound. My question is, am I obliged to declare if I have any of the above? If I dont, can they find out? Thanks

If you feel so strongly that its a breach of your privacy, you can refuse to answer the questions and ask for clarifications from your employer. You can then later decide whether the history you seek to withhold is worth the opportunity cost.

Wilfully false declarations are grounds for immediate termination of employment and if its a govt linked job, illegal.

This info is usually used as a baseline for the health checkup and group insurance underwriting.
You cant expect the company appointed doctor to know if you have underlying medical conditions on the first time seeing you right? Or even so, why waste resources reinvestigating when you could easy just declare it honestly.