Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have been working in pte sector for 12 years. Current package is $10k pm and $180k pa.

a friend intro me to one of the senior mgt in a statutory board looking for someone to help drive operations. Sounds like a interesting project to me, able to do something good for the country and also cut down on traveling.

We haven't talked about remuneration yet, verbal indication is this role is a DD title.

I personally do not care for title, as long as i'm compensated fairly. My bonus is coming in Mar and if i join the SB, I will be forfeiting it. Substantial to me, about 5 months conservatively. Hence I indicated increment of 15% over my current package to mitigate some of the pain. Which is also fair in my experience I get that kind of increment changing job in the pte sector.

my gut feel is that the interviewer is thinking of offering me the same base salary. He tried to sell me that I will have work life balance, stable job, etc.

I told him I currently leave at 5:30-6pm without having to bring work home. Only bearbug is i have to travel once or twice a month. So that's pretty comfortable hours for me already.

Stability also not an issue, as I have not heard of anyone being retrenched in my company even during the recession periods.

My question is - will there be room for negotiations. Or is public service salary so formula driven, it must be within a certain scale or number.
Formula driven. I had a boss who was CEO in a mid sized MNC, he joined the public service with a 30% pay cut. There could be exceptions but not sure how likely and what criteria are used to evaluate