Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
well i was just using military as an analogy.
Using your example as analogy, AO is like commando non-AO infantry.
Commando do different work as infantry so they paid differently is ok.
But supposed a commando colonel wants to be commander of OCS and another infantry colonel also wants to be commander of OCS. Would they be paid differently as commander OCS although do same work just bcos of vocation diff?

Superscale can be AO or non-AO.
My point is a ministry director of a particular division can be either AO or non-AO, so their work is similar. Unless some key divisions are reserved for AO directors only as the work is more impt /harder. Even then shd a more impt division director be paid 100k more than a less impt division director ?

i know AOs have additional duties like community attachments etc, again does it justify the huge difference in salary compared to a similar grade non-AO?
what a simpleton. you are actually completely wrong on so many counts. you can most definitely be paid differently for doing the same work. your value to the organization is NOT just what you produce in any given year, but also your LONG TERM value that's related to innate talent. AOs are AOs for a reason. They have been chosen for their helicopter view, their leadership quality, their versatility, and their potential as future PSLs. They may be doing the same thing as a non-AO for now, but they're paid more because it reflects the fact of their higher potential. of course, these are aspects of management you've never come across because of your low status, so you're reduced to simplistic comparisons of "more important work" and "less important division director" LOL.