Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:47 AM

blackswan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3vin View Post
Well, it isnt military service so that comparison is off.

But then again using your comparison, the commando/ndu colonels earn more than the technical colonel isnt it? Even within military service the payscale are different from engineers, pilots and logistics.

Besides AO and non AOs have different jobscope so their pays are bound to be different. Its comparing apples to oranges, jobscopes are different.
well i was just using military as an analogy.
Using your example as analogy, AO is like commando non-AO infantry.
Commando do different work as infantry so they paid differently is ok.
But supposed a commando colonel wants to be commander of OCS and another infantry colonel also wants to be commander of OCS. Would they be paid differently as commander OCS although do same work just bcos of vocation diff?

Superscale can be AO or non-AO.
My point is a ministry director of a particular division can be either AO or non-AO, so their work is similar. Unless some key divisions are reserved for AO directors only as the work is more impt /harder. Even then shd a more impt division director be paid 100k more than a less impt division director ?

i know AOs have additional duties like community attachments etc, again does it justify the huge difference in salary compared to a similar grade non-AO?